Thursday, April 26, 2012

What is wrong with my Video Card?

I had Windows XP a few weeks ago, and could play Civilization IV pretty much just fine. Then the computer wouldnt go to the start up screen, so we uninstalled XP and upgraded to Vista Home Premium and wiped the Hard Drive. Now Civilization IV is telling me that I cant play because I dont have 3d Graphics. I cant play WoW, Maplestory, or the Sims either, none of which I had a problem with before. It says that the card is updated so I cant find any Windows Driver Updates for it either. What do I do?



These are my Video Card Specs



Adapter type - Standard VGA Graphics Adapter

Chip type - Brookdale-G Graphics chip accelerated VGA BIOS

Dac type - 8 bit

Adapter String - VGA|||Yeah, with vista, you require new drivers, instead of the drivers used for windows xp, your graphics card company should have the new drivers posted on their website, and allowing you to run the same old games again ^_^. Also with vista, I have found that the graphics card runs even faster, an added bonus (Y)|||If this is the same card that you had then vista can not talk to it progressively so in that case you may need to get a new computer or go to this link http://www.windowsmarketplace.com/ and I hope this helps you.

P.S. I am not positive with the link so ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment